by J. Das
Solar Powered Boat
There will be a competition of racing a solar powered boat for middle-school and high-school students as well as adults. The boats are fully powered by on-board solar energy. No other form of energy can be used.
The competition is divided in three classes:
• Student Class: Grades 7–12
• Adult Class: Individuals or groups not associated with a school
• Experimental/Exhibition Class: Boats that exceed the criteria listed in the Rules.
Prizes will be given for:
• Slalom, Speed, Endurance, and weather permitting, Solar-Only races
• Website Design
• Creative Design
• Registration Fee: $25 (through April 10, 2009)
• Registration Fee: $50 (April 11–May 1, 2009)
Date: Saturday, May 16, 2009
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location : Beach at Phalen Park, Wheelock Parkway and Phalen Drive, St. Paul, MN
Website: 17th Annual Solar Boat Regata
Search for more Minnesota Solar Power Events by returning to
Green Expo Minnesota: Solar Power Events Directory
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Green Expo : Solar Expo Directory.